A small day - with in the day...RAMCO SYSTEMS !!

(If you're reading this post in email, please visit the blog url for good look and feel, Thx)

This part of my life,am recalling my favorite facts of personal life.. "destining at the least expected destination!"
*) It happened when I wanted to switch from CBSE to State board after my 8th std! Expecting to go to one of 2 good and landed at a 3rd school which I never thought of even!
*) Again happened when I wanted to do my B.Tech. Planning to do some where I know, but landed at a college which I never heard about ! :P
*) 1 more time happened when I was serious for my MBA admsn in '07,landed at TCS, till when I had no plans of doing a job, for god sake not a software job :P ( !)
*) And finally(i thought so), aimed for best, tried for Welingkar and landed at VIT !!
It was not the end......
Coming to present, I had to write about today's 'cute' selection process :P
The email first came from PAT office, was a week ago or so. All B.Tech+finance students had registered for it. Just the day before PAT had included systems and operations guys too. But no idea what was the criterion, only 35 got shortlisted. The no of people shortlisted was less. I mean to say, the company is specific in what they want.
Lets argue later 'Y' only those, but am saying they are specific in what they are looking for.

We all gathered in RAJAJI hall Main Building by 930am where to our surprise our Chennai players have arrived first ;) Heard that they hired a cab this time :D
Yeah, 10-15 ppl came from Chennai, this time. All 35 put together, it was less chaotic and more peaceful !
The test was for 60mins started at 1035am with two sections, one filled with Data sufficiency and other with Reading Comprehension.Aaah.. yeah. This was one of those topics I wud 'love to hate' while giving a competitive exam ! Yeah :( Doing 5 questions in DS itself is headache. Imagine , there were 25! Hufff !! It doesnt need a solution but we need to check if it gives solution or not.And then carefully choosing 'if A is enuf, or B is enuf, or both are enuf or blah blah' ! These kind of 25 questions ! aaah... I can hear some one say... 'dhimak kharab' and u r RIT !!
And then the section B has got nothing but 3 RCs :@ Those are not general too. The topic is related to Arts during 17th century, fighting between Geo physics-Geologists and Racism in US ! For a moment my inner voice said, "God, why did u create an element called RC??:@"! Bcoz you got to read each passage 2 times atleast. Some how managed to attempt 19 qstns out of 25 in RC. God knows how many are correct :D

The point to be noted here is, the idea behind the selection method is fair enough. I felt its better than asking simple or nonsense questions. Instead of asking the speed,distance,time and work, or etc which are less useful, logical deductions are better. As how Vinod quoted, 'It was not merely a written test, it was all about testing one's ability' ! And the difficulty level is not too high. It jus needs practice. Given considerable amount of practice any one cud solve it. And RCs, I need not tell you. They need your quick reading. And presence of mind while reading:)

Out of 35 who wrote the test, 16 got shortlisted for GD and sent to PAT office! Kalai had made us 2 groups. The first batch was given the topic 'Is social networking a boon or bane?' while the second batch was given the topic, 'Does Indian cricket team has a necessity for change in Captaincy?' ! When the HR asked if any one has any problem with the topic, my raised hand was barely seen:( Yeah. this is the next thing I dont like in my CAT/XAT tests. Its cricket ! When ever there was a DI set about cricket, I used to skip it because of my least interest cum knowledge about it :( So, after hearing the topic, I decided "I AM OUT"! The opening batsman was Mr.Vinod supporting Dhoni and ofcourse people too. Because captaincy (as of now) revolves around Dhoni and his sense of ownership and obviously we have got nothing much to oppose. Though one candidate tried to put it, but futile in convincing the moderator with his point of view.

After a while, the names were given out and 5 from batch 1, and 3 from batch 2 where my CR: Sendil and my friend Siva were there along with me!!
But am still wondering y Vinod was not IN,inspite of his solid points :(

We all met after lunch when Ms.Anjali was the lucky lady to be the first one to be interviewed :O Every one were sitting fingers crossed and eagerly waiting for Anjali's exit from panel to know wat has happened.Once she's out, she told it was more about accounts and finance, then I felt good as I need not bother about recollecting something which I never stored :P hehe, true ! While we were waiting there,especially me struggling to sleep in the sitting position in the (barely cozy) chair :D

After couple of people who also had similar experience, it was my turn at 345pm, I believe. For me, it was soo cool. Nothing much from accounts or tax or derivatives or ratios ;) It was about me,why MBA after B.Tech, my past work experience,how SAP differs from RAMCO's and what job profile I would like to be in ! But let me frankly say, I had a good time chatting to those two people, VP and HR! When asked me about my flexibility if posted in north India, I said, I wud luv to travel, if I'm selected ;)
Ended my interview with a query, a compliment and a small suggestion too :P

Waited for couple of 5 mins, I mean approx 30mins, to know the result. And there it was...  It was 440pm when they announced the result and before 5pm...PACK UP !!
Hence I said, it was small day ;)

Am so happy for Sendilvel, who is one among the most deserving candidates and after few trials, today is his BIG day. And Anjali ji as well as Pooja too. And one of those Chennai girls, who is very tensed, is also IN !!

At the eod, am not so happy, as my buddies missed it in small variation! Yet I keep retelling the same lines I said long back (-->"FB Notes").

I am afraid,[No idea, if go for it or not ] I may not be writing any of these kind of posts in future... ! Its all over (!?!?!?!) Because today is one of such examples of my life... which I told at the starting of the post !!

All the best for every one who reads this, for all your future endeavors...

always d same,
Satya Gupta.M.S

Comments

  1. Yet another good blog !! :) I could imagine your day/experience so well with your choice of words. :) Hearty Congratulations !! :) Wish you a very successful life ahead !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrat Satya!! u Deserve it :) :) And Thanks!!! for ur support satya.... but i expected as soon as i came out dat u vl get thru it.... anyway its all over :) smethng gr8 and better for me it seems :)
    and v really miss u writng dis blogs about the forthcoming companies.... atleast u could get sme info frm friends and do it... as it would be useful for many :) hope u doooo....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to share some good comments with you.
    1. Congrats for your new assignment
    2. You mentioned that u hate maths, i am wondering how it is possible after B.Tech?, the reason is u didn't attend my class, your mind set may be changed after attending my class
    3. A girl who selected from chennai campus, scored 2 semesters S grade in my subject
    4. Thanks you influenced me to open a blog, i am planning to do and share my experience. All the best for your bright future.
    5. If i handled class for you, defenetly you might mention about my class in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Anonymous !
    Thanks for the comments. let me answer you !
    1)I dont hate maths, thats my fav subject ever since childhood. Also pl be noted that I am CAT 93%ile scorer with my Quants at 98%ile and DI at 96%ile. So ur assumption is RULED OUT !
    2)I mentioned, I hate doing more than 5 DS questions at a time :)
    3)And whats d relation between this and Chennai girls's S grades!?!?!
    4)I request You to read it with pleasant mind ma'm/sir !!
    5)And sure, wud mention if u had really influenced me or my class guys :)

    Wud be happier if u mentioned your name.

    Regards,
    Satya.M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Though I was not there with you guys for the interview.. Your blog was like a time travel experience, Satya :):)Also Congrats for getting into Ramco:).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts