Why This KOLAVERI di!

This is the song that has made the Indian music lovers to look at TN and tamil music for first time.
"Y this kolaveri di" is the song of upcoming movie 3, sung by hero Dhanush himself.

It started 16th Nov I guess, I saw in FB. I dint play it. Next day I saw many many ppl sharing it. Yet, I dint listen it.
Later one day when my room mate played it, liked it in first listening itself :P.
Then I found a northie B.Tech guy listening to this song in high volume :P Hahaha...was laughing hw much this has driven ppl crazy :)
Its going viral. Marketing Prof can quote this as the all time best example. Wish IIMs come up on a case study for this :P

As per Money Control's Story board, the song has got 3millions of hits on You tube and 8.2 million shares on FB !!
All together Rs. 1crore publicity absolutely FREE FREE FREE..... Wah...wat else they need.... Guess u r shocked ;) Its true..

The main reason I can say why this is this much liked by people is, the background score, the slang, and esplly the FEEL in the singer's voice.
It depicts the pain of a heart broken love .. Seems though Dhanush's voice is APT  ;)

Apart from the hype other songs movies get, this has genuine LIKE following and FANS. I my self has exprncd it. There exists few songs which u like the moment u listen once. There are some which are liked after listening couple of times. KOLVERI DI belongs to the former ;)

Hatsoff to the music, lyrics, singer... in short "The Team" !!  Listen @ : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR12Z8f1Dh8

We need nt be surprised even if OBAMA shows intrst to know it :P

thanks,
.....satya.... (ignore spellng mistakes, i made it intentionally)

Comments

Popular Posts